date_range Published 12 Jun 2020
With basketball all set to be played under Alert Level One, Our adjusted procedures are detailed below
With senior A grade in our weekend competition beginning their competitions on June 13, the procedures we will be playing basketball under are changed somewhat. All following grades will follow these guidelines.
REMEMBER, IF YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS SICK OR HAS ANY SYMPTOMS OF THE COLD (COUGH, SORE THROAT OR A RUNNY NOSE), PLEASE STAY HOME.
Close Contact Tracing, and Limits on Number of People
- Each BBO team member needs to self-register for his or her club via our registration portal – this will form the basis of close-contact tracing should we need it
- There is no longer a 100-person limit, so all spectators are welcome to enter the venues to watch (and teams do not need to enter as one group)
- The Government’s NZ Covid Tracer App is recommended to be used to keep a diary of your movements
- Each BBO member is advised to have their own personal hand sanitiser that they bring to their games, and teams to have some in their equipment bag too
- The BBO will have hand sanitiser available with the Floor Controller, and each scorebench will have sanitiser available for players, referees, and scorebench personnel to use during a game too
- Teams are advised to bring their own basketballs to warm up with, which have been sanitised
Mouthguards and Equipment
Players should all be made aware of unnecessary touching of their mouthguard, to limit touching it as much as possible
- When players come in from Time-Outs, Quarter-Time, or Half-Time breaks and mouthguards have been removed then they should sanitise their hands before returning to the court
- Drink bottles should be used by one individual as opposed to shared, and/or using drinking fountains in a venue
After a Game
- Teams do not have to promptly exit the venue
- Locker rooms can be used (where available)
- Teams are expected to shake hands with their opponents (though if this does cause an issue for a team, their coach is encouraged to discuss this with his/her counterpart before the game and work out an alternative way to show appreciation to each other).
We will continually assess these procedures and update them accordingly throughout the season.